- High Traffic Area: With annual visitors of more than four million, it is expected that the cannabis retailers in Banff will have one of the highest ratios of customers to stores in Canada;
- Year-Round Resort: Banff is a four-season resort community with a large number of visitors in both summer and winter months coming for world-class outdoor activities;
- Tourism Potential: Cannabis tourism has been identified as a potential growth industry across Canada, with many of the budding tour operators concentrated in the west and in the mountain resort communities;
- Number of Stores: Prairie Records Banff, is one of five development permits issued for the mountain community;
- Part of a Truly Vertically Integrated Company: Westleaf is one of the few truly vertically integrated companies in the Canadian cannabis industry, with assets owned and under development across each vertical of the business, including cultivation, extraction, processing & manufacturing, distribution and wholly owned retail. Westleaf believes that being vertically integrated provides significant optionality and defensively positions the company to protect margins across the life cycle of the industry.
Bruce Leslie, VP Corporate Communications